If you don’t have the experience or the time to do gardening maintenance, perhaps you should hire a professional gardener. Why? This way, you can save your time, energy, and money.
You can hire a gardener for gardening maintenance on a regular basis through some form of agreement, or once in a blue moon. Gardeners can do the hard work that you can’t usually do.
In this blog post, you’ll learn all about:
- What gardening maintenance services can do for you?
- How much to pay to gardeners?
- What to look for in a gardener?
- How to get quotes for garden services?
What gardening maintenance services can do for you?
Gardening specialists or a gardening maintenance service can focus on one area, or provide comprehensive garden caring services:
- Lawn Care: Basic gardening service include lawn mowing, fertilising, dethatching, aeration and top dressing. In other words, beautify your garden and keep it healthy. ($80/hr)
- Pruning, Plant Care, and Trimming: Another way gardeners can maintain the aesthetics and health of your garden is through regularly prune and trim hedges, trees, shrubs and bushes. ($60/hr)
- Green Waste Removal: Every season, your garden shed natural green wastes that may look unsightly. Avoid the unhealthy accumulation of such rubbish. ($70/hr)
- Weeding: All gardens need will need a weeding service eventually. Depending on the shape of your garden, you’ll need regular weeding. ($100/hr)
Gardeners can do everything you can imagine when it comes to taking care of your garden.
How much to pay to gardeners?
An above-average gardening maintenance service in Sydney costs range between $30-50 per hour, but this is usually for basic services such as weeding and green waste removal.
More skilled gardening specialists can command up to a $60-80 hourly rate. Sometimes, you better get a flat rate after a close inspection of your property.
Some services like lawn mowing may be calculated as $150 per cubic meter of the area to be mowed. Remember, quick jobs that take few hours may cost more than larger jobs if paid pay hour. Why? Because the gardener may charge you travel and setup fees.
Sometimes, you want to ask for a flat rate for small jobs. Furthermore, some gardening maintenance companies in Sydney might offer scheduled programs for their services, which may save you some money.
For example, mowing your lawn on a monthly basis might cost less than if you mow it on an erratic basis.
What to look for in a gardener?
A few things you need to check off when hiring a gardening maintenance company in Sydney. What are they?
- Size of the company, i.e. number of employees and range of services.
- Are they licensed and insured? Won any awards? Certification?
- Do they provide a written quote, i.e. legal documents to protect your property?
- Timeframe, how long will your job take?
- Can they introduce you to their previous clients or customers?
Ask for a quote after you verified their qualifications.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have the time to get as many quotes as you can pretend that you did.
How to get quotes for garden maintenance services
Since “gardening” is somewhat a low barrier to entry profession, anyone with basic knowledge can call himself a gardener. Those beginners can do small jobs for a few dollars, saving you time and money in the long run.
For big jobs, look for a licensed and insured Strata garden maintenance company in Sydney. You might even look for a landscaping company if the project is big enough.
Otherwise, you can use a free online service such as Seeking Service, which features hundreds of businesses from all skill and experience levels.